· A Brazilian man died when a cow fell through his roof and landed on him. His house was next to a steep hillside where the cow had been grazing.
· A fisherman in Sri Lanka bled to death when a fish jumped out of the water and cut him on the neck with its fin.
· A man in Iran was shot to death by a snake. He was trying to catch the snake alive and put the end of his shotgun on its head. The snake coiled around the gun and pulled the trigger.
· A herdsman in Kenya was watering his livestock when he was stoned to death by wild monkeys.
· A man at a Jets-Patriots pro football game was killed by a flying lawnmower. The entertainment at half-time was radio-controlled unusual-looking model airplanes. The flying lawnmower went out of control and flew into the stands where he was seated.
· A man in Florida was sleeping in his bedroom when a sinkhole beneath his home opened up and sucked him in.
· A man in London at his 100-year-old birthday party said, “Yes, I made it!” and immediately died.
· Two passengers were dining on a cruise ship off the coast of France when a 26-foot high wave crashed through the glass windshield and killed them.
· A man in South Carolina was jogging and listening to his iPod when he was hit from behind by a small plane that had lost its power and was making an emergency landing.
None of these people knew that death was just moments away. Have you ever thought about how you will die? Will you be cut by a fish tail? Shot by a snake? Killed by a flying lawnmower? Sucked into a sinkhole? Maybe your heart will just stop beating.
Life is short and death can happen at any moment. James 4:14 says, “You do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.” Will you be ready when your time comes? If not, please read “How can I know that I’m going to heaven?”
Have a great day. It could be your last.www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com
Read over 130 Bible studies at www.makinglifecount.net
Are you worried about the future? Read The Sure Cure for Worry
Do you want to defeat depression, unforgiveness, and rejection? Read Slaying Your Giants