Sunday, August 7, 2016

Man's Rejection Can Be God's Direction

During the Great Depression, Wallace Johnson, a dedicated Christian, was devastated when he was fired from his job at a saw mill. Wallace felt the world had just caved in on him. His worried wife asked, “What are we going to do?” Wallace thought through his options and told her, “I’m going to mortgage our home and go into the building business.”

His first venture was constructing two small buildings. God blessed his business and within five years Wallace had become a multi-millionaire. He later founded the Holiday Inn motel chain. In an interview, Wallace said, “Today, if I could locate the man who fired me, I would sincerely thank him for what he did. At the time it happened, I didn’t understand why I was fired. Later I saw that it was God’s wondrous plan to get me into the ways of His choosing.” What looked like the worst thing that could happen actually was the best thing. (The Sure Cure for Worry, Kent Crockett, Chosen Books, p.149-150).

Perhaps you’re devastated from being rejected. Instead of being furious or taking vengeance, view your rejection as God’s direction. Keep in mind that rejection is a common way the Lord directs people to a new and better place. He has the ability turn someone’s curse on you into His blessing. “The Lord your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the Lord your God loves you” (Dt. 23:5). www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com
**********************
Did you know that prayer can change your destiny? Read If God Knows What I Need, Should I Pray?

Receive these devotionals (free) by email: You can subscribe in the box on the right at www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com (Your email will not be given out. You’ll receive an email when the new devotional is posted)

Making Life Count Ministries
P.O. Box 680174
Prattville, Alabama 36068-0174
www.makinglifecount.net  Twitter: @KentCrockett