Sunday, July 17, 2016

What God Wants Most

What does God want the most from you? Out of 613 commandments in the Old Testament, Jesus said the greatest is “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and will all your mind, and with all your strength” (Mark 12:30). He wants all our love and not just part. He wants us to love Him in four ways.

1. All your HEART.  Not half-hearted love. My whole heart. What am I most passionate about? Is it money? A hobby? I love my hobby, which is football, but it’s not my greatest passion. If I love my hobby or anything more than God, it becomes an idol. It’s not wrong to have hobbies, but the Lord wants me to be most passionate about Him.

2. All your SOUL.  The Greek word for "soul" also means “life.” I'm to love Him more than my own life. I should be willing to die for Him, and willing to live for Him every day.

3. All your MIND.  This is my thought-life. What do I think about most as I go through my day? I show my love for Him through my thoughts. He wants me to think good and holy thoughts, not evil or impure thoughts.

4. All your STRENGTH. I will love Him till my dying day. It takes strength to love Him through the good times and the bad.  

Remember we cannot do this until we first realize His great love for us. “We love Him because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19). You can pray, “Lord, I want to love you in this way. I surrender to you and ask you to show me how I can love you with all my being.” www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com
**********************
Download for $7.96.  Buy If God Knows What I Need, Should I Pray? (eBook) for only $7.96.

Receive these devotionals (free) by email: You can subscribe in the box on the right at www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com (Your email will not be given out. You’ll receive an email when the new devotional is posted)

Making Life Count Ministries
P.O. Box 680174
Prattville, Alabama 36068-0174
www.makinglifecount.net Twitter:  @KentCrockett