Imagine going to college for four years and never learning anything. If that happens, something is wrong with the teacher, the student, or both. Now imagine going to church for years and never learning what’s in the Bible. Sadly, this is happening all over the country. If you’ve been attending church for 5 years, you should be able to supply the missing words below.
1. The sons of Adam and Eve were _________ and __________. (Genesis 4:1-2)
2. Moses received the 10 Commandments on Mount _____________ (Exodus 31:18)
3. King Saul threw a spear at _______________ (1 Samuel 18:10-11).
4. Jesus said, “When the Son of Man comes, will He find ___________ on the earth?” (Luke 18:8).
5. Jesus said, “What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their __________?” (Matthew 16:26).
6. Jesus said, “Lay up for yourselves ________________ in heaven.” (Matthew 6:20).
7. Jesus said, “Unless you ___________ you will all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5)
8. “It is the _________ of God that leads you to repentance” (Romans 2:4)
9. “It is by _____________ you have been saved through faith” (Ephesians 2:8).
10. Jesus said, “My sheep hear My voice and I know them, and they __________ Me, and I give eternal life to them.” (John 10:27-28).
Answers: 1.Cain, Abel 2.Sinai 3.David 4.faith 5.soul 6.treasures 7.repent 8.kindness 9.grace 10.follow
If you couldn’t answer these questions, the solution is reading small sections of the Bible every day on your own. Here is a good Daily Bible Reading Plan to follow. If you cannot read all the verses each day, continue following the plan even if it takes you two years to read through the Bible. www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com www.makinglifecount.net
BIBLE STUDY: “How Do We Know the Bible is True?” Why would you want to read the Bible unless you believe that it’s true? This article will help you decide.
Making Life Count Ministries
P.O. Box 680174
Prattville, Alabama 36068-0174
Thank you to all who support this discipleship ministry.
Contributions to Making Life Count Ministries are tax-deductible.