The Pharisees were more concerned with performing religious rituals than connecting with God. We can easily get sidetracked and become modern-day Pharisees. The questions below will examine your motives and will reveal if your relationship with God goes beyond the four walls of a church.
1. Do you view a church building as “God’s house”?
2. Do you believe that Church is something you go to?
3. Do you "go to church" so that the pastor will see you in attendance?
4. Do you give your offerings without ever thinking about the Lord receiving them?
5. Do you give your offerings mainly because you feel pressured by the pastor to tithe?
6. Do you read your Bible because you want others to know you are doing it?
7. Do you serve in your church or elsewhere because you want others to respect you?
8. Do you look down on people who don’t attend church?
9. Do you ever sing to God in worship when you’re not in church?
10. Do you pray more when you are away from church or when you’re in church?
11. Do you ever tell God that you love Him?
12. Are you the same person away from church as you are when you’re in church?
Ask God to show you the correct answers and if something needs to change in your life. “But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith” (1 Timothy 1:5).
Slaying Your Giants is filled with interesting stories, humor, and practical advice about how to conquer 20 giants (fear, depression, discontentment, self-image, anger, and more)
Making Life Count Ministries
P.O. Box 680174
Prattville, Alabama 36068-0174