Sunday, October 4, 2020

God's Word Will Not Return Void

A missionary told me this story:
A Christian man named Kendal (not his real name), was traveling on a train with some gospel literature to distribute in China. He couldn’t make his connections and was concerned about getting caught with it. It’s illegal in China to have that literature and he could go to prison.
 
He prayed for wisdom and felt led to go back to the train’s bathroom, which had a hole in the floor. He dropped the papers through the hole, which fell on the train tracks. Kendal felt terrible about throwing away the gospel papers and wondered if he had denied Jesus.
 
Two years later, he was back in China and speaking in an underground church. He told the people how he had smuggled in the gospel literature and dropped it down a hole in the floor of the train. Just then a man jumped up and said, “If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be a Christian! One day I was walking and found some papers about Jesus on the railroad tracks. I read them and accepted Jesus into my life.”
 
God had led him to put those papers down the hole to accomplish His will.  Isaiah 55:10-11 says, For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth… so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth. It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
 
When I was in college, I shared the gospel with another student, who didn’t seem interested in what I said. Thirty years later, he wrote me saying he remembered what I had said to him and that he became a Christian! Let this be a word of encouragement whenever you share the gospel with someone and don’t see immediate results. God’s Word will not return void but will accomplish what God desires.
Over 270 printable Bible studies at www.makinglifecount.net
****************************************************************************************************
BIBLE STUDY: “Do People in Heaven Know What’s Happening on Earth?”
 
Receive these devotionals (free) by email: You can subscribe in the box on the right at www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com (Your email will not be given out. You’ll receive an email when the new devotional is posted)
 
Making Life Count Ministries
P.O. Box 680174
Prattville, Alabama 36068-0174
www.makinglifecount.net  Twitter: @KentCrockett
www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com