Saturday, May 26, 2018

"Beware of Dog"


A salesman was making his first visit to see a farmer. As he walked down a long dirt road he saw a big sign that read, “Beware of Dog.” He paused for a moment and decided to keep going. As he got further down the road he saw another sign: “Warning! BEWARE OF DOG!” He gulped and thought about turning around, but decided to proceed. His longing to make the sale was greater than his fear.

Finally, when he arrived at the farmhouse, he saw a puppy sitting on the front porch, wagging its tail. When the farmer answered the door the salesman asked, “Do you really expect that little dog to keep people away?” “No,” the farmer replied. “I expect the signs to do that.”

Most of the time, the thing that we dread won’t be as bad as we think. The actual dreaded event isn’t as tormenting as worrying about all the things that could go wrong. Worry and Faith both make assumptions about the future. Worry assumes the worst will happen, but faith (in God) assumes the best will happen.

Did you know that 92% of the things people worry about will never happen? You’re probably thinking, “Yeah, but what about the other 8%?” The other 8% will either not be as bad as you think, or God will give you the grace to get through it. That takes care of 100% of your fears—if you will trust the Lord with them. This is why David could say, “I sought the Lord and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).

Don’t let fear and worry drain you of your joy and strength. Instead, trust God to control your life and every event in your future. It will make your life a lot more enjoyable. www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com www.makinglifecount.net ****************************************************************************************************
NEW SERMON: Fishing Lessons” (How to Fish for Men)

Receive these devotionals (free) by email: You can subscribe in the box on the right at www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com (Your email will not be given out. You’ll receive an email when the new devotional is posted)

Making Life Count Ministries
P.O. Box 680174
Prattville, Alabama 36068-0174
www.makinglifecount.net  Twitter: @KentCrockett