Sunday, July 10, 2016

It's Too Hard to Believe

Some things are easy to believe and other things are hard to believe. For example, you might find it easy to believe that I have $5 in my pocket, but you’d find it hard to believe I could have something from the Titanic in my pocket. The RMS Titanic sank on April 15, 1912 and now sits over 2 miles deep at the bottom of the Atlantic. Suppose I told you, “I really do have something from the Titanic in my pocket.” Would you think that I was lying or telling you the truth?

You’re probably saying, “You must be joking. How could you possibly have something from a ship that’s been at the bottom of the ocean for over 100 years? It’s just too hard to believe.” Many things in the Bible are also hard to believe, such as how did Jesus feed 5,000 people with a few loaves and fish? How did He give sight to the blind? How did He come back from the dead? And every other miracle.

Our faith shouldn’t be based on our ability to comprehend, but on the truthfulness of our information. Jesus revealed God’s power by saying, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God” (Luke 18:27). Once you accept the fact that God can do what is humanly impossible, then it becomes easy to believe Jesus performed all those miracles, even though you cannot fathom how He did them.

As I write this, I really do I have something from the Titanic in my pocket. How is that possible? I was watching the History Channel about exploring the Titanic wreckage, and at the end of the program they were selling pieces of coal they recovered from it. I bought a piece of coal and have a certificate of authenticity to prove it. 

Just because something is hard to believe doesn’t mean that it isn’t true. Even though I wasn’t there to see them recover the piece of coal, I believe in the document that tells me it’s authentic. And even though I wasn’t there to see the miracles of Jesus, I believe in the document from eyewitnesses who saw them happen. What in the Bible is hard for you to believe? You can believe in it—if you will trust the testimony of the eyewitnesses. www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com
**********************
Download for $7.96.  Buy If God Knows What I Need, Should I Pray? (eBook) for only $7.96.

Receive these devotionals (free) by email: You can subscribe in the box on the right at www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com (Your email will not be given out. You’ll receive an email when the new devotional is posted)

Making Life Count Ministries
P.O. Box 680174
Prattville, Alabama 36068-0174
www.makinglifecount.net Twitter:  @KentCrockett