Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Bumpy Bus Ride

A pastor was riding on a bus down a bumpy road. A young man on his way to college was seated next to him. The minister asked, “Are you ready for the temptations you will face in college?”
"I’m not worried about that,” the young man replied. “I have strong will-power."

The pastor took a pencil from his pocket and said, "I can make this pencil stand up on my Bible even though the bus ride is bumpy." 
The student said, "I don't think you can do it."
"Look, I’m doing it," the minister said.
“Yeah, but you didn't tell me you would hold the pencil up with your hand."
"I didn't have to tell you. Have you ever seen a pencil stand up on its own without someone holding it?"

He let go of the pencil, which immediately fell over. He said, “Son, let this be a lesson to you. The only reason you can stand is because God is holding you up with His hand." 

First Corinthians 10:12 says, “Let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.” We only stand by God’s grace (Romans 5:2). If God were to remove His hand of grace we will fall too.

Humble yourself before the Lord and depend on His grace to hold you up. He is able to bring you through any difficulty. “For my grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness” (2 Cor. 12:9). www.kentcrockett.blogspot.com  www.makinglifecount.net
************

Making Life Count Ministries
P.O. Box 680174
Prattville, Alabama 36068-0174