Monday, May 31, 2010

Giving Your Problems to God

Joe was about to go camping and strapped a backpack on his back. Just then he ran into Lou, who started talking about all the problems in his life.
Joe said, "Why don't you pray and give your problems to God?"

"I already did that," Lou responded, "but I'm still worried and burdened down. How will I know when I've given them to Him?"

Immediately Joe released the backpack off his back. "How do I know if the pack is not on my back anymore? I haven't turned around to see if it's off my back."
"Because it isn't weighing you down any more," Lou answered.
"And that's how you'll know when you've transferred your problems to God," Joe replied. "They won't be weighing you down any more."

When we pray correctly, we transfer our problems into God's hands. If you are still burdened down after you have prayed, then you never let go of your problems to begin with.

Have you turned your problems over to the Lord? Phil. 4:6-7 says, "Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything . . . and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." You'll know that you've given your problems over to God when His peace fills your heart and mind. You're not worried anymore because you're trusting God to take care of them.
Keep looking up!
Kent